Recently, I hopped on the low-carb lifestyle bandwagon. I’ve been following it for a week now, and I feel really good. I was worried that I would have low energy and no motivation, but so far it’s been great. Ryan, being the engineer he is, had to work out in the field today. This left me to experiment with a dish that only I would be eating (I still like to impress him with my culinary craft). It turned out better than I could have hoped for. So here it is, Portobello Mushroom Pizza!
portobello mushrooms (cored, washed and patted dry)
1/4 cup italian blend cheese per mushroom
5-6 turkey pepperoni slices per mushroom
1 tablespoon tomato paste (I use basil garlic) per mushroom
salt – pepper – olive oil
1. salt mushrooms to pull out and excess water from rinsing then pat dry.
2. Rub olive oil and pepper on both sides of the mushroom, then bake at 375 degrees for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and begin adding the toppings. First, add 1 tablespoon tomato paste.
4. Next, 1/4 cup italian blend shredded cheese.
5. Lastly, top with turkey pepperoni.
6. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Plate and enjoy!
p.s. I was way under my carb intake for the day so I treated myself to a glass of Mad Housewife Cabernet. It’s at the top of my list now.